Affectionate Pet Care Center
was designed for the comfort and safety of your dog!
Throughout the life of APC Center (over fifteen years now), owner Amy Mercadante has been constantly working to improve the facilities to create the area’s best place for all your pups needs, by creating more space to provide selective playrooms to accommodate different play styles, temperaments, ages, and sizes, and optimal outdoor exercise yards that allow for the cleanest and safest puppy playgrounds. Today Affectionate Pet Care Center is on an acre lot in the City of Fairfax with over 12 thousand square feet of indoor space just for dogs, and 16 thousand square feet of outdoor exercise yards.
Take a look..
SAFETY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Ultimate commercial door safety system with the main entrances of APC remaining locked at all times, pull levers on doors that push out, all interior doors open towards the back of the secured building, special barrier doors, durable doors made by Vienna Glass Company and Amalfi Glass. This system allows for an escape-proof facility.
- Fully fenced yard with 9 feet privacy fency and an additional foot of wire bending inward to prevent possible escape. Fencing is set on top of concrete base. There are no gates to the yard from the outside so yards are completely secured.
- Advanced 2012 Enterprise Grade 16 channel video monitoring system and surveillance
- Alarm system in place
- Fire & carbon monoxide detector alarm connected to security service Fire department within seconds of our facility (less than a half a mile away)
- ALWAYS a staff member in the facility supervising the dogs at all times
- Radio communication between staff members to assist each other
- Water bowls always full in each room and yard to keep the dogs hydrated
QUALITY EQUIPMENT FOR HEALTH AND SANITATION
- Top of the line grooming equipment
- High-tech Epoxy flooring throughout the facility that is seamless and non-porous for maximum sanitation. This floor was carefully selected for enough give and traction, yet still 100% sealed to keep clean and sanitary. Bacteria cannot penetrate this floor unlike concrete or floors with seams. This floor is also non-toxic, non-absorbent, and fire-resistant as well.
- State-of-the-Art commercial heat/AC & Ventilation system that circulates the air in and out every hour preventing airborne viruses and providing fresh air for the dogs.
- Two Renewaire Energy Recovery Ventilation units providing hospital grade fresh air for the dogs and staff
- High Efficiency washer to clean and disinfect bedding (bedding washed at least twice per day)
- Rooms are cleaned with industry specific pet safe disinfectant several times through out the day.
- Stainless steel dog bowls (cleaned and disinfected after each use)
- Kennel Connection v5 custom software system to provide accuracy in our pet care
- Puppy Playground equipment made just for dogs!
- K9 Grass Yard, synthetic turf specially engineered for pet resorts like ours is the best turf on the market for dogs as it’s flow through backing and antimirobial agents allow for easy clean up and ultimate sanitation. It is washed and disinfected after each use, allowing for the cleanest possible playground. It’s soft real grass-like texture is like heaven for dogs and the safest surface to run on, allowing protection for their paws, and best of all, it’s mess-free. They can have fun and run in all weather conditions even while it’s raining and remain clean! Added bonus: getting your dog back dirt/mud-free after a fun day at doggie daycare!
COMFORT FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Futons with foam and cushion mattresses protected with vinyl for sanitation and covered in clean and cozy blankets
- Coolaroo Hammock beds for dogs
- Snuggler beds
- Lambs wool beds
- grass yard to run on
- Soft K9 Grass and natural grass outside for a comfortable surface and to protect paws when running
- dens for dogs to go in and out of
- Always a human companion to comfort your pooch
- lots of windows throughout the facility
- lamp lighting at night
- a homey atmosphere
- TVs and radio in each room
APC IS GOING GREEN:
- Recycling paper, carton board, plastic, and aluminum
- Limiting our use of paper by lamination
- Using exclusively compact fluorescent light bulbs which use 75% less energy than standard incandescent bulbs and last 10 times longer.
- Energy Star grade computers and server
- High Efficiency front load washer to conserve water and protect our lakes, rivers, and oceans, saving over 7,000 gallons of water a year.
- Lifetime Epoxy floors and products to limit toxic waste
- For more information visit www.energysaver.gov